Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Planner I
at ASARCO LLC
Silver Bell Mine
Position ID Code:
# Positions Requisitioned:
Current # Open:
The Planner provides maintenance planning and analysis in accordance with the Asarco maintenance management procedures.
- Ensures that all department work performed is planned in a safe manner and that all planned work meets or exceeds MSHA/OSHA standards.
- Ensures that all planning elements of the Asarco maintenance management procedures are fully implemented and functioning.
- Promotes and encourages teamwork and high performance standards throughout the department.
- Ensures that the daily and weekly maintenance schedule and backlog is communicated and coordinated with all those affected.
- Conducts the weekly operations and maintenance planning meeting.
- Assists in the development of long-range maintenance management schedules and budgets.
- Develops short-range maintenance schedules.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of short and long-range maintenance management schedules and budgets.
- Generates required maintenance performance reports.
- Communicates the key maintenance performance indicators as well as the company’s KPIs.
- Orders all necessary parts and materials to complete the work plan.
- Ensures that all necessary parts are pre-positioned and/or delivered to the job site prior to commencement of the job.
- Generates a work plan, if necessary.
- Is the primary department interface with non-purchasing related issues with equipment manufacturers, vendors and contractors.
- Prepares forecasts for future maintenance activities on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- In the absence of a general supervisor, will assist the supervisor in performing the scheduling duties.
- Works closely with the maintenance engineer on maintenance improvement projects.
- Ensures the accuracy of the maintenance and equipment database. This includes equipment history, work order discipline and accurate cost accounting.
- Works very closely with purchasing to ensure that the “right part is on site at the right time.”
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project.
- Knowledge of Ellipse or SAP software preferred.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) years of relevant experience.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the safest, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that they work within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.