Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Merrill Lynch Community Market Development Manager- Texas
at Bank of America Corporation
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management (MLWM) is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Community Markets is designed to deliver the full breadth of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America’s capabilities in underserved/out of footprint geographies. The objective is to create sustained growth and improve profitability while capturing the unique nature and untapped opportunity of each Community Market.
Community Markets is defined as smaller offices that are geographically remote/out of footprint with limited enterprise coverage, have an average office vacancy of 31%, and have growth potential in <250K HHs.
The Community Market Development Manager has primary responsibility for active talent acquisition and is responsible for partnering with Merrill Lynch market leadership to lead, drive, and manage business results across 15-20 Community Market (CM) offices. Travel is involved as the offices are geographically dispersed, but frequency varies based on the overall localized community market strategy. This position will primarily focus on acquiring top talent that reflects the diversity unique to communities served. The Community Market Development Manager reports to the Community Market Strategy Executive. However, they work day to day with the MLWM Market Executives and key CM leadership they support based on our unique dedicated community market and designated office structure. Its desired that the Community Market Development Manager have a thorough knowledge of both enterprise and line of business functional areas and products. In addition, it’s beneficial that the candidate be Series 7 & 66 licensed.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience and proven success in talent acquisition. S/he will be committed to promoting Community Markets business growth/development by demonstrating the ability to connect with MLWM Market leadership, Global Wealth Investment Management and other line of business partners to implement strategy. S/he will have strong coaching and mentoring abilities and a strong commitment to the client experience. S/he must demonstrate both strong operational discipline and relationship building skills.
- Work with talent acquisition team and partner with MLWM Market Executive to attract, hire, and retain a diverse group of experienced, top producing Advisors with growth potential
- Support MLWM market leadership to achieve performance goals in community markets; drive branch office performance results through leading and executing community market strategy, initiatives, and activities
- Partner with Market Executive in coaching Community Market Resident Directors/Financial Advisors to deliver the full breadth of the Goals-Based Wealth Management Process and Client Experience Standard and grow their business
- Partner with specialists and vendors to ensure advisors are educated and have access to appropriate products and solutions for their clients
- Influence and drive activity virtually through remote technology capabilities
- In partnership with local Market leadership, will actively participate in and engage the local community to increase visibility of the Brand and enhance new and existing business opportunities
- Support advisors as needed, in delivering BOA resources to the Community Markets
- Partner with local market leadership to manage and mitigate risk and protect the interests of the client, market, and firm
- Experience and success in competitive recruiting
- Strong operational discipline around establishing process, routines, and measurements
- Ability to periodically travel to remote office locations
- Knowledge of Wealth Management business and enterprise strategy and capabilities
- Ability to build and leverage relationships across the enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to influence and inspire others
- Technologically inclined in order to advance technology utilization with Financial Advisors, Resident Directors, Market Executives, to meet clients’ needs
- Ability to assess and understand local culture, and get involved in the local communities
- Strong coaching, communication, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrates ability to build trusting relationships, communicate effectively, develop executive presence, and learn
- Series 7, 66 preferred; 9 & 10 desired
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.