DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Aide
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 3/28/2020
- Summer School
- Child Care Aide JobID: 207
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Denton ISD Reports to: District Child Care Coordinator
- Works with the Lead Caregiver in the development, planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate daily curriculum which provides social, emotional, physical and cognitive learning experiences.
- Assists in supervising and participates in group activities
- Helps to maintain accurate records, including; lesson plans, daily schedules, attendance records, anecdotal records, parent contacts, emergency contacts, incident reports, allergy lists, medication forms and assessments
- Suggests to Lead Caregiver appropriate discipline and discuss methods with classroom staff and parents so that discipline is consistent
- Maintains children’s interest through frequently updating the classroom environment with books, posters, decorations, children’s artwork, etc.
- Interacts with children to encourage their involvement in group activities
- Helps to ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times, being alert to the needs and / or problems of the children as individuals and as a group and reports all problems to Lead Caregiver.
- Communicate with Lead Caregiver and director in a timely manner all behavioral problems and incidents
- Develops reciprocal relationships with children’s families through daily personal communication, parent conferences, classroom gatherings, and center wide social events
- Helps in maintaining a clean facility by cleaning area of responsibility before, during and at the end of the day according to prescribed cleaning regimen
- Complies with applicable universal precautions and infection control guidelines and procedures
- Safeguards all sensitive or confidential records and information from intentional or unintentional disclosure
- Performs all other duties as may be necessary or assigned by supervisor
Dept./School: Virginia Gallian Child Development Center
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
NCLB – Non-instructional
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Works as a member of the Child Care Center team in providing a high level of child care for the center’s children through providing safe, healthy and nurturing environment through social, emotional and cognitive learning experiences for the children.
Minimum age of 18 years
High School diploma or equivalent
High moral character and integrity
Must pass district health standards for position
Prefer college credit in child development, education or related field.
Knowledge of working with children including growth and development and developmentally appropriate practices of children ages birth to six years
Ability to communicate with children, parents, center staff, and the general public
Ability to learn to recognize signs and symptoms of child abuse.
Ability to learn First Aid and CPR with ability to administer when necessary
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; coordinates district functions; maintains emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factor: Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Potential prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions.
Must be able to safely lift and carry infants to and from the changing table, change the infant’s diaper, administer parent authorized medication and/or attend to infant’s needs at the changing table and assure the child’s safety and security while on the changing table.
DUTY DAYS: 200 days per year
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line Internal Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line External Application at www.dentonisd.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER