DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Coordinator Child Nutrition
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 3008_111035
Openings as of 4/9/2020
- Summer School
- Operations Coordinator Child Nutrition JobID: 3008
- Position Type:
Professional Support - District/Coordinator, Child Nutrition
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Denton ISD Dept./School: Child Nutrition
- Plans secondary school menu. Ensures menu meets USDA/TDA requirements.
- Directs and manages Field Supervisors on Menu expectations for operational standards and consistency.
- Ensures commodity process is followed to meet financial expectations
- Directs and manages Field Supervisors to meet district’s cafeteria and food service program expectations.
- Works cooperatively with principals to create lunch schedules and resolve operational issues.
- Develops and maintains written department procedures for all food service operations including Standard Operating Procedures, Food Safety Plan, training manuals and employee manuals.
- Develops training material on food service software to ensure all levels of operational management understand technical processes.
- Complies with federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in the food service area.
- Administers food service budget and ensures that programs are cost effective and funds are managed.
- Ensures Field Supervisors manage procurement expectations of sites to meet budget expectations.
- Manages vendor issues from the site level.
- Plans and directs inventory and stock control programs for equipment and supplies.
- Recommends disposal of obsolete equipment and replace equipment as necessary.
- Works with department purchasing to meet department goals.
- Prepares, reviews, and revises job descriptions in the operations department.
- Develops training options and improvement plans for staff.
- Ensures that annual evaluations are conducted and submitted to District Human Resources.
- Assists in recruiting, training, and supervises personnel and makes sound recommendations about personnel placement, transfer, retention, and dismissal.
- Engages and resolves employee issues.
- Ensures that procedures are in place and operating to protect food, supplies, and equipment in school cafeterias, lunchrooms, and warehouses.
- Maintain safety standards that conform with federal, state, and insurance regulations and develop a safety program.
- Complete other duties as assigned by other Child Nutrition administrators or district officials.
Reports to: Director of Child Nutrition
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Admin/Prof - 3
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Promote participation in Denton ISD Child Nutrition Programs through developing positive professional relationships with all Denton Independent School District staff. Assist in educating parents and faculty about the role of the Child Nutrition Program and how its policies are designed to promote health and nutrition.
Responsible for menu planning and site operations in accordance with USDA/TDA guidelines for secondary school campuses.
Bachelor’s Degree required, prefer major field in Food Science, Nutrition, Institutional Management or related field.
Registered Dietitian Preferred.
Minimum 5 years’ management experience in USDA Child Nutrition programs.
Current ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification or approved alternative.
Ability to qualify as a proctor/instructor for ServSafe classes and examinations.
SNS Certification Preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Food Service Operations
Budget and Inventory
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; coordinates district functions; maintains emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide and occasional in state travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Prolonged use of computers and repetitive hand motions.
MINIMUM SALARY: $65,272
DUTY DAYS: 210 days
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD online Internal Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD online External Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER