City of Abilene, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Worker - Concession Assistant Manager
at City of Abilene, Texas
OPEN UNTIL FILLED PAY RATE DOE + Q
Under the general supervision of Concession Manager or Gift Shop/Admissions Manager, the work involves the supervision of Concession employees, in conjunction with food service, and other daily Zoo operations and activities.
In the absence of the manager, this position functions as a lead worker over Concessions employees.
- Examples of Duties
Ensure that all employees are properly trained and adhere to all policies and procedures.
Create, maintain, and compile associated food, ride, and attractions service reports and paperwork.
Manage and oversee cash handling policies and procedures for all sale activities.
Inspect sales receipts for accuracy and compile and balance daily revenue statements.
Provide knowledge and support for associated rides and attractions.
Assess inventory stock/supply levels, including receiving and counting incoming inventory shipments. Count monthly inventory and input in the computer monthly.
Mediate related employee/guest issues or concerns in an efficient and effective manner.
Create and maintain weekly scheduling of related employees.
Manage printed displays and signage for concessions and catering.
Assist with the oversight of catering for facility rental including the booking, set up, and breakdown processes.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Typical Qualifications
Money handling procedures to ensure proper accuracy, documentation and reporting.
Registers, sales, and inventory components in a food handling/concession store setting.
Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Food handling, preparation, cooking, and catering best practices.
Proficient typing skills to create, maintain, and compile reports and other paperwork.
Troubleshoot and repair retail POS terminals.
Manage time effectively.
Provide exceptional customer service relations.
Verbally communicate with the public and staff effectively and use proper telephone etiquette.
Use math skills to calculate, maintain and verify cash transactions.
Manage and oversee employees.
Serve the patrons and public in a wide range of Guest Service aspects.
Operate and maintain a variety of food service, ride, and attraction equipment.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
One (1) year of restaurant /Catering experience is preferred.
One (1) year of lead worker or supervisory experience in a restaurant or similar environment is required.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
License or Certificate:
A valid Texas Driver's License, the ability to obtain one within ten (10) days of employment, or a military waiver is required.
First Aid and CPR certifications are required or the ability to obtain them within ninety (90) days of employment is required.
Food Safety Manager Certification is required or ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Work in outdoor conditions that may include extreme heat or cold.
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Supplemental Information
- City of Abilene Core Values
- Demonstrating through our actions that we hold ourselves and our citizens in high enough regard to do what we say we will do, in the timeframe we commit to.
- Recognizing that everyone has dignity and deserves helpful, courteous, and prompt attention.
- Consistently doing what is necessary, expected, and required, and when able to do so, exceeding expectations.
- Possessing an unwavering commitment to doing the right things right.
- Consistently adhering to high professional and ethical standards.
- Keeping commitments to our citizens, co-workers, and others.
- Being open and approachable to council members, citizens, and our fellow employees at all times.
- Treating our customers like we would like to be treated.
- Fostering a servant's heart in ourselves and each other by conscientiously doing what is best for the community in all cases.
- Passionately committed to serving others.
- Helping to make our citizens' lives better.
- Finding ways to say yes.
- Delivering on promises made, taking personal responsibility for achieving community-minded goals.
- Leading by example, recognizing the importance of working together to meet everyone's needs, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Sharing resources and information freely.
- Communicating regularly and honestly with council members, citizens, and employees.
- Having a can-do attitude.