City of Frisco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rec. Aide - Youth Services
at City of Frisco
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Center Youth Services Supervisor and related management team, the Recreation Aide - Youth Services is responsible for the implementation of various programs and activities including specials events, childcare in the Fun Club and Youth Zone, and birthday parties. The Recreation Aide is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all guests and ensuring all Youth Services programs and activities are conducted in a welcoming, clean, safe, fun, and active environment.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
- Assists the Recreation Center Youth Services Supervisor and Recreation Leader in the implementation of various programs and activities including specials events, childcare in the Fun Club and Youth Zone, and birthday parties.
- Assists with various programs and activities including but not limited to child care within the Fun Club and Youth Zone, opening and closing within the Fun Club and Youth Zone, setup and monitoring of birthday parties as well as special events as needed.
- Provides outstanding customer service and guest experiences by greeting guests and ensuring their needs are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides outstanding customer service and guest experiences by ensuring all activities are conducted in a welcoming, clean, safe, fun, and active environment.
- Monitors the guest count as well as the drop-off and release of children attending childcare in the Fun Club and Youth Zone as well as birthday parties.
- Quickly and accurately responds to inquiries and complaints and refers the guest to a supervisor when necessary.
- Ensures area in which programs and activities are conducted is cleaned and maintained at all times.
- Monitors programs and activities for participant compliance with health and safety rules.
- Prepares accident/incident reports when indicated.
- Answers and transfers phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains communication for the facility by communicating with customers about questions, suggestions, activities, and complaints; greeting customers; reporting any suggestions and complaints to the supervisor.
- Maintains supply inventory and recommends supply and equipment needs.
- Maintains discipline and enforce proper safety precautions.
- Must be able to respond immediately in case of emergency, including administering first aid as necessary.
- Ability to get along and communicate with customers and co-workers.
Other Important Duties:
- Provides information and directions regarding the facility and City to members and guests.
- Maintains and updates supply list for assigned area.
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing or First Aid as needed.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- May be required to work extended hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements
- Ability to provide safe, fun, positive, upbeat environment while interacting with children and guests.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in working with children and parents with patience and concern for safety.
- Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in implementing departmental rule, procedures and objectives.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Must be at least 16 years old and have six (6) months experience working with children and have six (6) months customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in performing and instructing youth activities and programs.
- Previous experience in birthday party or special event setting.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification within six months from date of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, MVR check and physical agility exam.
- May be required to possess a valid State of Texas Driver's License.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in office, Recreation Center, and outdoor environments.
- May be subject to exposure to air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, and infectious diseases when applying CPR, First Aid or cleaning facilities.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions and hazardous driving conditions.
- Crouching - bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
- Fingering - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
- Grasping - applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
- Handling - picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
- Hearing 1 - perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
- Hearing 2 - receive detailed information, make discrimination in sound.
- Kneeling - bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
- Lifting - raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
- Mental Acuity - ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
- Reaching - extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
- Speaking - expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
- Standing - for sustained periods of time.
- Stooping - bending body downward, forward at waist, with full motion of lower extremities and back.
- Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word.
- Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
- Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of vision.
- Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
- Work performed is primarily medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment and Tool Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine and other standard office equipment, recreational equipment, cash register, cleaning supplies, and department vehicles.