City of Lubbock
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welding and Maintenance Material Foreman
at City of Lubbock
Supervises the activities of workers engaged in a variety of public works maintenance and fabricating activities to include welding, fabrication, equipment maintenance and material processing and handling.
- Essential Functions
- Manages the daily maintenance operations and functions of the welding shop and the pole yard crews by prioritizing, scheduling, and supervising maintenance and repair needs of the City's various utility systems;
- Supervises assigned personnel by directing, instructing, scheduling, reviewing, and evaluating work activities;
- Prioritizes and assigns work, inspects work for quality, ensuring the daily coordination and supervision of the work of assigned personnel;
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, disciplining, terminating, and other personnel actions;
- Trains welders and material handling personnel, also will train personnel on safe operation of screener, loaders as well as ordering materials. Ensures employees follow policies and procedures, and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Prepares and maintains daily time sheets, completes work orders, and/or other related information for assigned tasks.
- Completes and prepares damage reports, and accident reports;
- Sets up and schedules work for the next day; checks tools and equipment needed to complete the job.
- Cleans finished job site; reports any damages.
- Operates heavy equipment.
- Consults with supervisor on completed tasks.
- Checks equipment and materials for projects beforehand to make sure all the necessary equipment and materials are available.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent. with an additional three to five years of experience in welding and public works maintenance, including one year of experience as a lead welder; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Physical exam required
Certified Welder preferred