City of Odessa, TX
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Public Land Surveyor
at City of Odessa, TX
- Odessa, TX, USA
- Salary DOE/Q Starting at $53,652 annually
- Full Time
Registered Public Land Surveyor
Summary: Leads two or more Department survey crews performing technical field surveys for land mapping and construction projects for Public Works Department or oversees contracted survey parties for the purpose of determining boundaries and topography.
Essential Functions::-- Essential functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews Public Works Department plans, and leads technical civil engineering survey work, using special survey instruments and equipment; resolves field data collection problems using knowledge of surveying techniques and standards.
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking abstracting title data, record drawings research and client relation.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with engineers on technical matters.
- Responsible for project management and quality control for all surveys prepared.
- Works within defined project scopes, manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments.
- Coordinates activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction and daily checking of work product.
- Reviews and processes the results of field survey, including the shape, countour, location, elevation and dimensions of land features and structures.
- Verifies the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Ensures that all work performed conforms to current best principles, practices, techniques and survey standards, including underlying mathematics and physical science, in combination with a practical knowledge of land ownership laws.
- Performs establishing, investigating, and reestablishing land and property boundaries, and preparing plats and legal description for tracts of land.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD, Civil3D, GIS, GOGO files and other documents.
- Assists in cleaning and adjusting precision surveying equipment to assure accuracy of measurements.
- Supports the divisional operations with regular and timely attendance.
- Must have and maintain a cell phone for City use to hold this position.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Odessa and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: Registered Professional Land Surveyor in Texas and three years of land surveying experience.
- Land and construction survey methods and procedures, including boundary establishment.
- Use, operation, calibration and maintenance of a variety of specialized equipment.
- Technical record keeping and records management practices.
- Reading and understanding maps, plans, diagrams, specifications and schematics.
- Reading engineering instruments, meters, and gauges; and accurately recording findings.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized land surveying software.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
License and certification requirements: A valid Texas State Driver's License is required.
Physical demands and working environment: Work is performend in a standard office environment,and outdoors in the City performing field work.