College Station Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at College Station Independent School District
Responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from one language to another. Reproduce statements in another language for unique listening or reading audience.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Translate spoken communication to sign language for hearing impaired audience.
- Convert written materials from one language into another, such as books, publications, or web pages.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- Employ computer-assisted translation.
- Facilitate communication for people with limited English proficiency.
- Translate languages at meetings such as ARD, Parent-Teacher meetings
- Interpret both legal terminology and colloquial language.
- Read aloud documents in a language other than that in which they were written.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director for Special Services|
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)