Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Math Teacher - Middle School
at Corsicana ISD
Primary Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- At least one year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district. Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Corsicana ISD (CISD) does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an employee or applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminatory employment practice. Employment decisions will be made on the basis of each applicant’s job qualifications, experience, and abilities.
Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination based on sex, including sexual harassment should contact the CISD Director of Human Resources, the district Title IX coordinator. Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination on the basis of a disability should contact the CISD Transition Coordinator, the district ADA/Section 504 coordinator. Questions or concerns relating to discrimination for any other reason should be directed to the Superintendent at the Lee Education Center 2200 W. 4th Ave Corsicana, TX 75110, phone (903) 874-7441.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)