Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Engineer - Travel
at Corval Group, Inc.
The Field Engineer will assist the project team with work planning, development and project break down, as well as supporting the team with meeting project goals such as being on schedule, on budget, performing safely, and promoting teamwork, communication, leadership and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and verify documentation that has been provided by the client to ensure accuracy.
- Define the scope of work and provide preliminary information and documentation to the Project Manager, General Forman, the Safety Representative and the Quality Control Manager for developing detailed work plans and assists with instruction to be included in the work plan.
- Manage the work package creation, which is based on the ERP system phase codes. Included in the work package are the prints, detailed drawings, documents, and specifications, instructions, RFI''s, submittals, contractor instructions, form and bills of material.
- Import the details from the high level QA/QC and Safety plans for the work packages and will track the status, completions and approvals of all components of the work plans.
- Distribute work plans to the Project Manager, Superintendent, Safety Representative and QA/QC representative for approval. Once approved, distribute to the General Foremen for work to proceed.
- Manage all returned work plans for close out and progression of percentage complete for project controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering field preferred.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and maintain schedules and budgets and to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or related forms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. CAD skills a plus.
- Construction site environment - physical ability to stand, walk, crawl, bend, reach and climb. Exposed to high noise levels.
- Office environment - extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.