Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Superintendent - Power / Petro Chem
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Builders & Erectors – a subsidiary of Corval Group, Inc. - is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with 95 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
The Superintendent is responsible for executing the project according to client expectations, contract documents and corporate requirements. Also responsible for all field labor, construction safety, quality, productivity, budget and schedule performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, direct and monitor the activities of multi-discipline trades and subcontractors.
- Ensure labor performance is in compliance with specifications and within schedule and budget, including determining and coordinating labor, materials and equipment required for completion of all construction activities.
- Work with project manager and pre-construction to establish and update project budgets and forecasting of resources.
- Establish work packages aimed at zero re-work and exceptional quality, and track and measure crew productivity to meet these guidelines.
- Implement site specific safety policies and procedures aimed at an incident free, safe workplace. Use spot recognition, THA's, lock-out and tag-out procedures to ensure 100% compliance with safety initiatives. Utilize safety and QC resources appropriately.
- Select and train qualified foreman with input from management.
- Understand the project contract, key risks and mitigation plans associated with the project.
- Effectively mediate disputes and disagreements which may arise.
- Other duties assigned.
- Ten or more years of experience in construction field including five or more years of experience in field execution and trade supervision.
- Ability to manage contract scope of one million dollars or more and three or more subcontractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts and sub-contractor management.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.