Carpenter Technology Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications Engineer - Midland, Texas
at Carpenter Technology Corporation
Amega West Services is a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation based in Houston, Texas. Amega West is a leading manufacturer of high-precision complex components for measurement while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD), drill collars, stabilizers and other down-hole tools that have been used for directional oil and gas drilling. Carpenter acquired Amega West in December 2010 to provide a more integrated value-added supply chain to oil and gas customers. This growing business operates within the corporation’s Performance Engineered Products division and maintains more than ten strategically located facilities throughout the United States, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER – Midland, Texas
POSITION – the Applications Engineer will be accountable for multiple projects that will contribute to new product revenue. Communication between engineering and operators will provide better insight for new products in the future. This position will provide a technical customer interface in Midland, Texas allowing for better local customer communication and support. A strong candidate will assist Carpenter in identifying new applications for current products to fuel Carpenter growth, working closely with potential customers to drive product adoption.
- This position is the local expert on Carpenter Technology products and services and keep track of latest developments, buying criteria, competitive landscape and trends in product usage. Understand and work to address customer unmet needs.
- Liaise with Carpenter Technology’s end users to provide technical support and receive feedback on product performance. Develop relationships with drilling and completion engineering groups with operations in Midland area. Provide customer presentation on Amega West and Carpenter’s capabilities. Understand market requirements of existing and future tools in the Midland district.
- Technical Sales Support to included providing support during initial customer contact, suggest BHA solutions, provide tools specifications.
- Work with Engineering to enhance product offering. Communicate product enhancement requests from customer to Engineering.
- Monitor competitor activity to identify changes and trends. Benchmark Carpenter’s product portfolio versus alternatives.
- With market leads and product management, define and implement specific marketing approaches to support sales growth of products in each market.
- With Product Management and Engineering, define and implement specific marketing approaches to support sales growth of products in each market.
- With Product Management, develop or contribute to marketing communications with technical knowledge, best practices, product reference guides and demonstrations.
- With the Sales Manager, define and implement customer development plans.
- With R&D, validate requirements for new products. Build technical relationships with potential launch.
- Work with local suppliers to ensure customer requirements are met. Periodic rig site visits and the ability to be on site for extended field operations.
- Write technical papers and attend local conferences and seminars presenting technical papers.
- Performs other projects and duties as directed.
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering. 5+ years of experience preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder required.
- Ability to work independently, motivated to build relationships with customers and third parties.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary to client sites and Carpenter locations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with key customers and identify emerging needs. A team play and builder who is receptive to ideas from others. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE: CRS) is a recognized leader in high-performance specialty alloy-based materials and process solutions for critical applications in the aerospace, defense, transportation, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer electronics markets. Founded in 1889, Carpenter has evolved to become a pioneer in premium specialty alloys, including titanium, nickel, and cobalt, as well as alloys specifically engineered for additive manufacturing (AM) processes and soft magnetics applications. Carpenter recently expanded its AM capabilities to provide a complete “powder-to-part” solution to accelerate materials innovation, offer rapid prototyping, and streamline parts production.
Carpenter Technology Corporation offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Learn more
Carpenter Technology Corporation is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages sent for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to 5 business days.