Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cashier (09251) - 5107 College Ave
at Domino's Pizza
A Domino’s Cashier position requires candidates who can handle monetary transactions in a fast-paced environment. Candidates for this position must be personable, computer savvy, resourceful, self-motivated with a talent for administering customer service. Candidates must be able to multi-task and remain calm while under pressure.
Domino’s Cashier Position Description
Domino’s Cashiers manage all monetary exchanges in the restaurant by taking orders and ringing up transactions, serve as a liaison between the customer, the managerial staff and the kitchen staff, and keep the front area of the restaurant clean and well stocked.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Domino’s Cashier
* Greets all customers politely when they enter the restaurant, call or go through drive-through.
* Accurately records customer orders, at the counter, on the phone and at the drive-through.
* Processing orders through the Pulse system to ensure their preparation.
* Monitors ready orders and ensures their prompt delivery to waiting customer.
* Helps expedite and complete orders with all sides and extras included in order.
* Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable.
* Collects money from customers and provides correct change.
* Processes credit card and debit card transactions.
* Keeps track of a cash drawer and ensures it is balanced at the end of the shift.
* Uses a drop box to ensure cash in till is kept under $75.
* Listens to and resolves customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries.
* Keeps the front counter stocked, organized, neat and clean.
* Keeps Box hutch, and all other box stocking area clean and stocked.
* Cleans Dining area clean by wiping down tables & booth seating, sweeping floor and taking out trash.
* Sweeps floor regularly and mops when needed or when lobby has closed.
* Cleans windows on front doors and throughout lobby to remove fingerprints and dirt.
* Restocks napkins, straws, lids, Parmesan/Red Pepper shakers and other supplies in the dining area.
* Cleans outside of Soda Machine regularly on shift.
* Wipe down and restock all coke visi-coolers and grab-n-go machines.
* Cleans and re-stocks public and employee restrooms throughout shift and at end of shift.
* Helps cook food and otherwise works in the kitchen, when necessary and only as backup.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Is able to understand and work with numbers.
* Texas Certified Food Handlers Certificate required.
* Can follow directions and achieve goals.
* Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Is able to follow a schedule, be on time, wear proper uniform and work swiftly with smart hustle
* Is able to communicate effectively to a variety of clientele.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent degree is a plus but not required. Candidates for this position do not need prior experience as relevant training is provided on the job in order to learn employer-specific functions such as how to operate the computer system and to learn information about menu items. Sales experience is a plus. Customer service experience does help when greeting customers, answering potential inquiries, and handling complaints, though this also is not required.
A Domino’s Cashier serves a large volume of people over every shift, which can be taxing. Standing for long periods of time while placing orders and fielding customer complaints is expected, which may contribute to back strain and foot problems. Because paper money is a large carrier for bacteria and germs, frequent hand sanitization is another expectation. The environment is warm, bustling, and potentially noisy. The environment of a Domino’s restaurant is populated by triple stack conveyor belt ovens, multiple warming shelves and carts on wheels which can lead to injury.