Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Cook (06857) - 4519 N Garfield St #3
at Domino's Pizza
Domino’s Line Cook are dedicated to food safety and proper handling of the products used to cook a customer’s perfect meal. Line Cook must be able to work in a fast-paced time pressured environment and be able to adjust as the needs of the business shifts. Line Cooks ensure that all products are made to Domino’s Specs.
To be successful as a Line Cook, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all food safety guidelines are followed.
- Know Domino’s Recipes and Specs.
- Check Makeline and Cut table for readiness at beginning of each shift.
- Check all temperatures of refrigeration units and bins.
- Understand the importance of time restraints and be able to work swiftly for 2-4 hours at a time.
- Properly portion and itemize products in accordance to Domino’s Standards.
- Properly Dock and Stretch dough in accordance to Domino’s Standards.
- Work in an assembly line configuration.
- Re-Dating all products moved to in-use status.
- Communicate with other station team members on needs.
- Maintaining Sanitation and cleanliness of makeline and cut table.
- Restocking makeline bins and cabinets as business allows/needs.
- Quality checking each product during bake and during boxing for accuracy to Domino’s Specs.
- Reporting any hazards and maintenance needs.
Line Cook Requirements:
- Minimal work experience. 1 year restaurant experience a plus
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Texas Certified Food Handlers Certificate required.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Able to read a computer screen
- Able to memorize topping and product codes.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hour shifts and lift at least 30 pounds.
- Shows pride and accuracy in work
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Detail-Oriented and hard working
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent degree is a plus but not required. Candidates for this position do not need prior experience as relevant training is provided on the job in order to learn employer-specific functions such as how to operate the computer system and to learn information about menu items. Sales experience is a plus. Customer service experience does help when greeting customers, answering potential inquiries, and handling complaints, though this also is not required.
A Domino’s Line Cook prepares a large volume of product over every shift, which can be taxing. Standing for long periods of time while assembling pizzas and other products is expected, which may contribute to back strain and foot problems. Because we are working with food, frequent hand sanitization is another expectation. The environment is warm, bustling, and potentially noisy. The environment of a Domino’s restaurant is populated by triple stack conveyor belt ovens, multiple warming shelves and carts on wheels which can lead to injury.