Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teachers
at EANES ISD
Eanes ISD is currently seeking Special Education Teachers! We offer great pay and benefits!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be accepted and considered for employment.*
Please complete the online application at www.eanesisd.net/jobs.
Detailed information and job descriptions are available on the Eanes ISD website.
Provide students receiving special education support with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work in self- contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements for assignments
• Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area.
• Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and
Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation.
• General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
• Student teaching or approved internship in special education classroom
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
• Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
• Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
• Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional activities.
• Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
• Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
• Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s)
• Use technology in teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
• Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
• Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
• Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
• Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Manage student behavior. This includes intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students in emergency situation.
• Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
• Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
• Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Participate in professional learning activities to improve job-related skills.
• Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• Maintain Confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Maintain emotional control under stress.
• Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
• May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; and assist no ambulatory students or use restraint in case or emergency situation when student is in danger of injuring self or others.
• Exposure to biological hazards.
Please complete the online application at www.eanesisd.net/jobs