Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Services Administrative Assistant
at EANES ISD
Eanes ISD is currently seeking a Technology Services Administrative Assistant. We offer great pay and benefits!!
*Only applications submitted through the Eanes ISD website will be considered for employment*
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs
The Technology Services Administrative Assistant position is designed to provide support of technology services for Eanes Independent School District and work under the direction of the Technology Services Department. A successful candidate is expected to have a strong background in administrative support and assistance to ensure efficient operation of the
Technology Services Department and demonstrate exceptional customer service to staff, students, and community users of technology.
The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
• High School Diploma and/or GED
• Strong technical and communication skills
• Proficient with business applications
• Associates Degree or Technical Certification from accredited institutions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and ability to perform accounts payable and receivable functions in a financial management system
• Knowledge of purchasing, service contracts, and procedures specifically related to technology and instructional materials
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Apple productivity products.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks/workload, work independently and under pressure.
• Ability to work with budgets, specifically related to technology and instructional materials
• Ability to provide help desk support
• Ability to order and maintain supplies
• Ability to operate Mac and Microsoft Windows based computers with modern operating systems and Apple iPads
• Ability to work effectively with the public and District stakeholders.
• Ability to think logically, symbolically, and abstractly with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze and interpret problems assigned and present results with clarity and precision.
• 2 - 5 years of administrative assistance; educational environment preferred
• 2 - 5 years working with financial management systems, productivity software, budgets, and contracts
• Class "C" Operator's Driver's License. Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence. If not currently a
Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering
Texas as a new resident.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions:
• Coordinate staff appointments, travel, work schedules and training, including associated paperwork.
• Support TS staff in a team environment that facilitates completing tasks related to departmental goals and responsibilities.
• Order supplies and equipment: prepare materials pertaining to meetings, work sessions, in-service and daily operations.
• Prepare supplies and equipment requisitions and then issue purchase orders.
• Compile pertinent data as needed when preparing various state, federal and local reports.
• Monitor and document ongoing projects for progress, completion, and closure.
• Anticipate, plan and support daily operational needs of the TS department.
• Work with several departments across the district in software purchasing and the use of general funds, bond funds, and Technology and Instructional Materials Allotment
• Work with vendors that campuses are attempting to do business with to have them signed on as an “Approved vendor” in compliance with states and district mandates, including being the liaison for Eanes ISD and getting paperwork where needed.
• Receive, document, file and mail correspondence relating to department operations.
• Prepare electronic and physical correspondence, forms, reports, etc. pertinent to efficient IS department operations.
• Work in a collegial manner with staff, teachers, and students to maintain a positive work atmosphere.
• Perform multi-tasking functions and follow projects through to completion.
• Perform routine TS department-related troubleshooting tasks and processes that facilitate efficient department operations.
• Respond to Helpdesk phone calls or work orders and route to the appropriate resources.
• Reporting to management and advising on process improvements.
• Enforce loss mitigation processes and protocols.
• Assist with help desk functions; including routine troubleshooting, taking reliable messages, prioritizing requests, utilizing appropriate methods of communication, routing to appropriate staff, documenting and following up to close out issues
• Tracking inventory maintenance and controlling flows of equipment and supplies.
• Compile inventory reports and forecast future inventory requirements.
• Pursue personal development of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the effective performance of the role.
• Maintain confidentiality of district, staff, and student information.
• Maintain professional and consistent regular attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
• Establish and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
• Works well with other team members to complete tasks with high degree of initiative and coordination.
• Exhibit high degree or empathy with a customer service-oriented attitude and disposition; should always be exercised.
• Document all work orders, accumulated knowledge, and techniques in the help desk system.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following mental / physical demands and environmental factors can be expected for this position:
Reading, writing, moderate to heavy use of analytical and problem solving skills, effective and succinct communication (both verbal and written), fluent use of technical resources, efficient use of time in working under pressure, management of rotating deadlines and ongoing projects, continuous use of prioritization skills and progress with simultaneous projects.
Physical Demands/Environmental factors:
Frequent use of computers and telephones, fast-paced work environment, some moderate lifting (15-45 pounds), occasional travel to remote locations within the district, constant use of technology, repetitive hand motions, sitting for sustained periods of time. This position may have voluntary and/or required compensated overtime working hours during evenings and/or weekends. Work hours will be generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Overtime, approved in advance by a supervisor, may be offered and/or required.
Please submit your application online at www.eanesisd.net/jobs