First Guaranty Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floater Resource Associate/Relationship Banker
at First Guaranty Bank
Performs a variety of duties in promoting and selling bank deposit services to new and existing customers. Processes financial transactions including but not limited to, check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments in accordance with bank policy and procedures. This position also requires traveling to various branches within the designated regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Traveling to designated branches within assigned region
- Opening and processing new accounts, including by not limited to, DDA, SAV, IRA’s, certificate of deposit, and money market account.
- Consult with customers on their specific needs for deposit accounts.
- Quote rates, service charges, restrictions and other relevant information about the accounts.
- Prepares necessary paperwork for opening new accounts and inputs on computer.
- Order checks, ATM and Debit Cards.
- Responding to customer inquiries on account status; researching problems and concerns.
- Must be proactive in meeting the needs of customers, such as utilizing tools provided to offer additional products and retain existing relationships.
- Cross-selling/Refer other bank services and referring customers to other departments such as Lending and Mortgage when necessary.
- Handles and relays through the Operations Department: Power of Attorneys, successions, and estates.
- Handle and relays through the Compliance Department: Subpoenas and court orders
- Send items for collections
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts and looks for check endorsement. Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
- Enters transaction into computer and issues customer receipts.
- Counts cash and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
- Prepares official check as requested.
- Observes suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to Resource Specialist and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Adheres to BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
- General knowledge of DDA, SAV, IRA, CD, and money market accounts.
- Ability to enter numerical data on computer with speed and accuracy.
- Good mathematical aptitude to facilitate daily balancing.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to cross-sell/refer products and services to perspective customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Up to one year experience of training in banking environment OR banking related industry experience; specifically in the new account and customer contact area.