FirstBank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Treasury Management Banking Officer Senior
at FirstBank & Trust
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."Under general direction, the TM Banking Officer Senior is responsible for developing marketing plans, customer calling and sales as well as implementation of commercial banking non-credit products targeted toward the medium to large sized business with annual sales from $150,000,000 to $500,000,000. This role is also responsible for managing and developing Treasury Management Officers within an assigned area to meet or exceed the bank’s goals.
1. Partners with Business Bankers to sell Treasury Management services to prospects and develop/execute on annual cross-sell plan for current customers in each banker’s portfolio.
2. Annually determines the team sales goals for fee income, service charge increases, and new non-interest deposit growth and referrals.
3. Responsible for orchestrating customer and prospect calls to expand business relationships.
4. Partner with Commercial Banking Relationship Managers and self source deposit rich segments to develop commercial relationships in all focused market locations.
5. Develops new Treasury Management business by analyzing market research data and current customer data from internal systems to develop a list of prospects and/or cross sell opportunities.
6. Prepares and presents comprehensive sales proposals and presentations/demos to clients in addition to participating and leading product training for various audiences.
7. Manages all elements of the Treasury Management sales cycle to include business development, prospect qualification, needs analysis, close and implementation of services.
8. Acts in role of business service charge captain to train, support and target growth of business service charges for a specified area.
9. Serves as sales officer and liaison to Heartland Treasury Management Division to ensure that new services are established correctly and timely. Supports resolution of client issues in a professional and responsive manner.
10. Responsible for business relationship management of all Treasury Management products. Works closely with HTLF Treasury Management Support to implement new services and resolve any issues.
11. Partners and supports identification of product improvements/solutions and communicating same to HTLF Treasury Management, Operations and Supervisor.
12. Prepares statement analysis and sales proposals after detailed needs assessment is completed by TMO. Consultative sales approach is critical to selling the value of a relationship with the bank. Maintain strong consultative relationship with clients, particular emphasis on key client base to ensure the growth of the business service charge portfolio of the bank.
13. Promotes and cross-sells other established products and services as appropriate to meet customer requirements.
14. Tracks team pipeline and sales activity to report results on a monthly basis.
15. Approves all customers secondary credit risk limits of $50,000 and below for the bank. Primarily responsible to assess, review and approve with Business Bankers secondary credit risk for all customers $50,000 and above on ACH and eDeposit.
16. Conducts site visits to conduct risk assessment and review of eDeposit function at customer site and score results. Approves annual risk assessment and deposit limit.
17. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises Treasury Management Officers within an assigned area.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
2. 7-10 years related experience with Treasury Management products, payment services and related business, financial, regulatory, and risk management processes.
3. Extensive leadership and management experience.
4. Sales cycle knowledge including sales planning, sales approach and providing solutions selling to small and medium sized business customers is necessary.
5. The ability to prospect and network at various levels within a company, along with enhanced communication and negotiation skills for moderately complex deals and relationships.
6. Proficient in MS Word and Excel and comfortable with web applications services of Treasury Management products.
7. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
1. Treasury Management Certification (CTP).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will