Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unemployment Insurance Specialist
at G&A Partners
G&A Partners - Houston / Headquarters
# of openings:
For over 20 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a higher quality of life by providing proven HR solutions and technology. A growing Houston-based professional services firm, G&A Partners is seeking an Unemployment Insurance Specialist to work at it's corporate office.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available to include health benefits and 401(k), recognition awards and bonuses, and the opportunity to work for a highly respected and award winning company.
Process unemployment claims including submitting initial responses including any additional information as requested by a state agency. Processes various internal unemployment tasks including appeals, requested reports, and wage verifications as assigned.
- Receives and distributes external mail for processing.
- Establishes cases for external mail requiring processing.
- Processes assigned SIDES unemployment claims that received through the Case Builder system.
- Processes appeal hearings cases for internal processing received either by mail or in Case Builder.
- Performs assigned UI appeal tasks including witness preparation, submission of documents, registration and attendance at UI appeal hearing as the primary representative.
- Obtains termination information related to separated worksite employees from clients.
- Assembles and organizes separation details including supporting documents for submission in response to initial claims prior to posted deadlines.
- Coordinates with internal G&A staff regarding various unemployment insurance cases in the procuring separation information as requested from the state agency.
- Prepares various unemployment insurance activity reports as requested by clients, G&A staff or management.
- Responds to state agency requests for wage verifications and BAM audits.
- Maintains daily of claims processed internally through assigned Client Space queues.
- Coordinates with G&A tax department and the state agency is resetting erroneous lag-period employment UI filing received from the state agency.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience with processing claims; preferably unemployment claims
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and PHR or SPHR certifications preferred
- Knowledge of unemployment insurance and/or HR laws
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted
- Deadlines – Ability to organize time and tasks that is conducive to performing multiple task with diverse deadlines.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her