Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for providing various support functions for operational activities. This role will assist in the development and maintenance of the facility as directed by the Superintendent and Location Manager. This person must work and communicate effectively with the Superintendent to help assure the facility is in a constant state of preparedness to meet schedules and take advantage of opportunities that arise. This includes assisting with inventory control, operational cost control and logistics, mix & blend including grain conditioning and space allocation, preventative maintenance, talent management including production planning, energy conservation, and asset security.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and assure effective inventory control within company requirements
- Help ensure the superintendent is maintaining at or below the operational cost control plan
- Assist Superintendent in development and execution of facility improvements
- Aid in maximizing mix & blend opportunities by utilizing in house stocks and grain available in the marketplace using effective space allocation
- Assist in scheduling preventative maintenance functions while maintaining a safe and reliable facility in compliance with OSHA grain handling standards
- Help complete talent development for operational staff to manage cost and guarantee uninterrupted facility operations
- Assist in ensuring implementation of energy conservation program and enhance sustainability while reducing cost and/or consumption of energy.
- Aid in maintaining the security of the asset to minimize or eliminate exposure to theft, property damage, vandalism, and trespassing.
- Lead workers onsite, including contractors, temps, and service providers
- Help ensure compliance with all required safety, regulatory, environmental, and company programs, including Federal, State, and Local regulations regarding Occupation Health and Safety, Environmental Protection, and Operational Permit requirements
Other Job Functions:
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers as needed
- Recommend process improvements as necessary
- Ability to work and interact well with others
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in an elevator and/or terminal
- Farming background a plus
- Heavy-duty, operational, mechanical, and technical hands-on responsibilities
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, kneel, and bend
- Frequently required to lift or move more than 50 pounds
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Outdoor work environment, including heights and inclement weather, approximately 80% of the time