Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP Enterprise Software Development
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
The Vice President of Software Development is responsible for the direction of software development activities throughout the enterprise. Responsibilities include establishing a clear vision, building organizational capability, and directing the execution of software development activities for large scale, highly complex and proprietary software environments. The VP of Software Development is a key contributor in defining policies and standards, determining technological direction and implementing strategies to ensure long term corporate initiatives are achieved.
- Plan, organize and direct the development of business software and application systems.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of software development standards, and source code control measures throughout the enterprise
- Provide management reporting related to the support of business systems and application development.
- Review, analyze and recommend system features and solutions.
- Budget planning and tracking for the Enterprise Software Development department.
- Communicate to senior management on development progress and associated business projects and plans.
- Participate in project planning during all phases of the project life cycle as needed.
- Develop and implement initiatives and strategies for areas supported. Ensure strategies, objectives, and initiatives are in line with the overall corporate initiatives, strategies, and goals.
- Work with IT and Business Management in developing business strategy.
- Assist in the overall leadership and implementation of emerging technologies across the enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
- Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
- Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards and best practices
- Knowledgeable of best practices in information technology governance and regulatory landscape for financial institutions
- Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the consumer loan business
- Working knowledge of all system applications
- Working knowledge of the Corporate Business solution environment
- Significant experience in a large and complex business environment
- In-depth knowledge of security frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000, NIST, FFIEC, etc.)
- Knowledge of security frameworks (e.g., ISO 27000, NIST, FFIEC, etc.)
- Knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
- Advanced knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
- Working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
- Ability to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand, Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support
- Advanced ability to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand, Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Good in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Strong in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives
- Ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes
- Strong ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Writing and speaking skills
- Strong people skills
- Good people skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage the investigations function with minimal supervision
- Experience with data visualization concepts and tools
- Advance experience with data visualization concepts and tools
- Advanced computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
- Good computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
- Computer skills and conversance in information technology issues
- Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise
- Ability to work directly with senior level management
- Bachelor’s Degree In Finance, Accounting, Economics or Information Systems preferred. Equivalent experience or advanced certifications may substitute.
- 7-10 Years ?in the management of application development and creation of large scale computer systems required
- normal office environment;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems