Grand Specialty Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Company IT Manager
at Grand Specialty Inc
- 25-Oct-2018 to 24-Dec-2018 (PST)
- Fredericksburg, TX, USA
- Full Time
This position involves getting to a little of everything related to IT. Network and Systems Administration, Security, Web Hosting, Help Desk Purchasing and installation. Looking for the right individual who wants to join our team and is not afraid to take on a challenge and loves to see things get accomplished.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor current network infrastructure and performance
- Administer network devices, including network firewalls and wireless access points
- Monitor and maintain all servers, VM's, Workstations, phone systems, and other technologies.
- Work with venders including but not limited to ERP software, email, internet, hosting, phone service
- Work with team to resolve software issues and assist them in using software
- Troubleshoot hardware problems on multiple makes and models of desktop computers, printers and servers.
- Work with team on the phone to troubleshoot problems remotely
- Make sure hosted web site is secure and functioning
- Apply security patches, software updates, and keep service contracts up to date
- High school diploma
- 4+ years of experience in System/Network Administration
- Strong oral and written communication
- The ability and ambition to quickly learn new software products and or new technologies
- Organizational, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- The ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Considerable experience with VMware environment
- Knowledge of: PC and Mac hardware and peripherals
- Basic knowledge of server backups/restores
- A strong desire to be a significant contributor to a small close-knit team
- Effective communicator with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- A strategic thinker with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and off site if necessary
- Information Technology: 4 years (Required)