Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Applications Clerk
at Harlingen CISD
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- Child Nutrition Applications Clerk JobID: 1068
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Is the authorized, approving official for HCISD lunch program applications for T.D.A. Oversees the approval of all applications by various staff members, including 20 Data Clerks.
- Electronically processes applications for Free and Reduced Lunch Program in the appropriate software program. Must be able to work late and on weekends during the first month of school, as needed, to enter applications into a computer. Regularly updates all applications in the computer.
- Files all applications to be easily retrievable for various internal audits as well as T.E.A. Audits. Keeps all the paper applications updated in the file as required by regulations.
- Must communicate directly with parents in both Spanish and English in person, on the phone, or by letter.
- Keeps up to date on all T.E.A. regulations and procedures related to the reimbursement claim process. Attends T.E.A. Summer Workshops as needed. Verifies required number of applications as required by law. Reviews the parent’s supporting financial documents, and any other verification as required. Keeps accurate records of verification and completes them on time as required by law. Electronically sends verification report to the state office.
- Keeps all the students’ status in the District updated electronically via computer on a daily basis. Contacts Managers and Data Clerks, as needed, to keep them informed on any changes to student’s files.
- Responsible for various spreadsheets and reports for equipment inventory as needed.
- Supplies statistical data as needed for monthly reimbursement claim, testing reports,
Superintendent’s office, etc. Sends data to T.D.A. via the internet as needed.
- Audits the reports of 20 Data Clerks, contacts them about any errors on their reports and instructs them in all correction procedures. Oversees the data clerks activities, including coordinating the armored car pick up so that all deposits can be made daily.
- Electronically compiles the number of breakfast and lunches served for the T.E.A. reimbursement claim. Runs Excel and other specialized software programs necessary to consolidate the data for the monthly claim.
- Monthly, electronically enters all the data through the internet site for T.E.A. Reimbursement Claims, keeping proper documentation as required for T.D.A. audits.
- Uses the computer to type letters, inter-office memos, reports, monthly menus, bid documents, etc. as needed.
- Assists staff with their office duties whenever they can and is cross-trained to perform other office duties.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
- Uses calculating devices.
- Works in standard office building environments.
- See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Responsible for all processes related to the approval, verification, and auditing of Free/Reduced lunch Applications. Facilitates computerized data processing needed relating to T.E.A. reimbursement claim for the Child Nutrition Department.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Must be able to speak, read, and write clearly in English and Spanish
Must be able to keep information confidential
Experience required using MS Word, Excel
Knowledge of the Internet required
Ability to enter data accurately is essential
Attention to detail required
Experience preferred with Publisher and PowerPoint and/or other related computer
Ability to type with reasonable accuracy a minimum of 45 words per minute on word
Ability to get along with a multitude of staff and work with the public in a courteous, respectful manner
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
High School Diploma or GED required
Two years of clerical / secretarial experience; or fifteen semester hours of college credit
with accounting, computers, or business coursesFLSA Status: Non-exempt Minimum: $13.71/ hour