Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Lines Account Executive
at Hub International Limited
The Account Executive leads the overall service, recommendations, and implementation of a book of insurance business. The job requires a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making based on industry knowledge and experience to provide professional guidance, expertise, and service to clients, professional and collaborative relationships with carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues. The primary objective is rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations. Responsible for business development and sales with new and existing clients.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These qualifications are considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. If this position requires licensing or certification, the incumbent must maintain that license or certification by meeting all continuing education and other requirements.
- Manages an assigned book of business which is comprised of key and high revenue-producing accounts, all of which have a significant impact on the business operations of the client and on HUB.
- Utilizing industry experience and in-depth knowledge of insurance markets, policy provisions, claim processes, business environment, and risk mitigation, applies independent and discretionary judgment to make decisions independent of manager approval on books of insurance business for which the incumbent is responsible. These include non-routine coverage issues and questions, denial of claims, renewal strategies for key accounts, and interpretation of non-routine provisions of insurance contracts.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ business and insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability.
- When counseling clients on appropriate coverage, will assess risks based on clients’ situation and determine proper coverage to insure and mitigate those risks.
- Makes recommendations directly to key clients without prior approval, that may deviate from established policies and procedures.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing directly with insurance carriers.
- In situations where special carrier programs are available, determines if those programs are appropriate for particular clients. Then consults with clients on the benefits of those programs. Will then work with carriers to quote coverage through appropriate program.
- Leads resolution of escalated complex service issues between clients and insurance carriers that require policy interpretation and experience-based judgment to resolve.
- Leads client meetings (including renewal meetings), independent from producer or manager as needed.
- Supports, mentors, and trains Account Managers and Account Representatives, as necessary.
- May oversee functions performed by Account Managers and Account Representatives including approval of renewal strategies and resolution of client and carrier issues.
- Seeks continued knowledge and stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Leads all aspects of client service, marketing, and renewal of book of business. Uses judgment and creativity based on industry experience to produce favorable results and solutions to address clients’ insurance needs.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads, and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of other HUB products and services where appropriate.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Possesses mastery of the various HUB and industry resources and tools that are available and utilizes same to best serve clients
- Travels on company business as required.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 7 years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in an insurance Account Management role in required lines is preferred. Brokerage experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Leadership experience and independent responsibility for client retention preferred.
- Ability to lead in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB’s facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
Licensing or Certification Requirements:
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.