Our client has developed a unique platform technology that takes the lab to the patient, making the diagnosis of infection faster, easier, less expensive and more accurate. In an industry that has not changed its process for 85 years, our client revolutionizes the collection, processing and transporting of samples for the identification of infection.
Director of Microbiology Laboratory
The best. The brightest. Stars-in-the-making. That pretty much sums up what we look for in every person we hire. If you are looking to enhance your career, are motivated, driven with exceptional work ethic, and want to lead a growing team where results will be rewarded, apply immediately!
The Director of Microbiology Laboratory oversees the Microbiology research (directed) and testing laboratory. This role supervises and performs research and testing. The Director studies growth, structure, development and general characteristics of bacteria and other micro-organisms by performing the following duties in a clinical laboratory environment:
- Isolates and makes cultures of significant bacteria or other micro-organisms in prescribed or standard inhibitory media, controlling factors such as moisture, aeration, temperature and nutrition.
- Identifies micro-organisms by physiological, morphological microscopic, immunochemistry, molecular, cultural, and other standard and developing technologies.
- Observes action of micro-organisms upon living tissues of plants, higher animals, and other micro-organisms and on dead organic matter.
- Conducts appropriate quality control/assurance procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to write grants to local, regional, national, federal, and international organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains laboratory procedures and processes by establishing and ensuring compliance with published procedures and processes.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and supervise others as needed.
- Ability to comply with and support corporate values.
- Other tasks as necessary to achieve the strategic imperative business properties or as assigned
- Master’s degree in Microbiology, Microbiology certification required, and two years’ experience in Microbiology; or
- 4+ years related experience and/or training in Microbiology and Microbiology certification required; or
- an equivalent combination of education and experience in Microbiology and Microbiology certification is required; or
- PhD in Microbiology and 1 year experience in Microbiology.
- At least 1 year of experience in a leadership role or supervisory capacity within a Microbiology Laboratory is required.
- PhD in Microbiology highly preferred.
- Experience in a start-up company environment is preferred.
- Ability to utilize standard computers and software and laboratory specific software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZCL