Our client is a multi-disciplinary medical group that offers a singular source for patient healthcare needs. The practice is a diverse group of physicians at several different locations in the Greater Houston area. Their goal is to treat with the highest level of care and get patients back living life to the fullest. Services offered: Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Ancillary Diagnostic Services, Hematology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Pulmonology, Rheumatology and Pharmacy.
Human Resources Manager (Healthcare)
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for guiding and directing the overall provisions of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the entire company. Specifically, this position oversees and directs all recruiting, employee relations, benefits administration, change management and training programs for the company. In addition, the director is responsible for implementing, enforcing and administering federal and state employment regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Evaluate organization vision, mission, structures, processes and people and recommend, design and facilitate implementation of solutions to ensure alignment with the Company’s overall direction.
- Responsible for implementing, enforcing and administering federal and state employment regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage core Performance Management and feedback processes. Develop manager capability on employing these processes and obtaining best in class results.
- Ensure accurate and written job descriptions with clear job accountabilities, reporting structures and career paths.
- Develop training plans and programs; organize training sessions and activities.
- Establish salary guidelines for hiring and performance evaluations for each job within the organization.
- Provide recruiting and hiring support by developing recruitment plans and implementing activities such as internal communication, placement of ads; reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews, evaluations, and reference and background checks.
- Administration of all employee benefits and services to include health care programs, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, leave management and benefits.
- Directly manage all benefit suppliers.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Develop and manage all safety programs as well as accident reporting.
- Ensure adherence of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Implement individual performance evaluation, problem identification and resolution processes based on policies and processes; provide advice to managers on policy interpretation and advising on disciplinary practices, consult on suspension/termination of employment decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Administrative or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a physician practice or healthcare industry setting.
- Professional of Human Resources Certification (PHR) or Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, technically focused environment is essential.
- Demonstrated success conducting comprehensive needs analysis, organization design and development initiatives, implementing change models and developing organization structures while proactively driving ongoing optimization efforts.
- Above average accounting skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.