Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Representative
Istation is a leading developer and publisher of educational software for Pre-K-8 students and educators. Istation's interactive instructional programs are internet and web-based, including computer-adaptive assessments and intervention programs in the areas of reading, math, Spanish and interdisciplinary studies that are currently being used in 48 states and 7 countries.
Istation is currently searching for enthusiastic and driven individuals to fill the position of Inside Sales Representative (ISR). The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Representative is to grow the Istation business by exceeding sales goals through successful pipeline management from prospecting to close of sale by using inside sales strategies and techniques, including but not limited to: email and phone prospecting, pilot/trial management, online presentations, and world-class consultative service and selling.
This is a highly independent position requiring flexibility and accountability. The sales representative should be a self-starter, able to manage priorities in order to achieve territory sales and growth goals. He or she should be passionate about education and consultative selling at all levels.
Duties include, and are not limited to:
- Build and maintain a full sales pipeline (3-5x goal), using Salesforce.com, from prospecting to close in a defined territory of accounts
- Meet and exceed quantitative and qualitative goals for prospecting, customer meetings/presentations, and other vital sales process activities
- Cultivate leads and interest in Istation through email, phone, and social prospecting
- Grow assigned territory by selling the Istation product to new schools and school systems
- Attain and surpass sales goals; advance the sale and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration
- Manage and close school and district pilots of Istation products as part of a successful sales process and strategy
- Develop and maintain a strong consultative sales approach that creates partnerships with schools and districts to help teachers and students achieve success with an Istation implementation
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Educate customers on technical requirements, pricing, training and successful implementation of the product during the sales process
- Create and present online presentations using a web-based platform
- Follow up after sales to achieve referrals, grow existing business, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Deliver accurate sales forecast and other required reports to management in a timely manner
- Create and execute strategic territory plans in conjunction with sales management
- Demonstrate teamwork through sharing of best practices and collaboration with cross-functional teams to maximize territory and company success
- Communicate customer feedback to company to assist in vision and strategic planning
- Maintain a high level of integrity, commitment, and trust to exceed expectations in sales and retention of customer
- Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week at Dallas, TX corporate office
- Base salary plus commission
- College degree required
- Ability to thrive in a self-starter environment
- Independent, with strong work ethic and self-discipline
- High achiever with a proven track record of success
- Ability to work independently as well as with part of a sales team and company cross-functional teams as needed
- Ability to learn independently, conduct research, and synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources
- Proficient in using and adapting to multiple software platforms and devices and their application within a classroom and school setting
- Effective territory management skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks or projects with follow through
- Strong digital skills and aptitude; proficiency with computers and basic applications software including Microsoft Office and online meeting software
- Background in education sales (SaaS) in an inside sales environment is strongly preferred
- Be detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Be able to think analytically about possible impacts to operational business costs.
- Possess an aptitude for high-level efficiency.
- Have a proven track record of success with a strong work ethic and self-discipline.
- Possess strong listening skills with the ability to diagnose issues and provide solutions.
- Be able to learn independently, conduct research, synthesize, and apply information from a variety of resources.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively manage information and monitor tasks to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Be flexible, tolerate stress, and work well independently and with and within diverse teams
- Have strong digital skills and aptitude, including proficiency with computers and basic applications software including Concur, Microsoft Office, and Google Mail.
- Have strong time-management and organizational skills with a proven ability to handle and follow through on multiple tasks or projects.
- Advanced level of Salesforce.com experience is strongly preferred
- 2 - 5 years' full-cycle sales experience is required