Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F&B Host - Cashier / Part-Time
at Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
- F&B FOH/Restaurants
- Eagle Pass, TX, USA
- Part Time
Food & Beverage Shift Lead
The Host/Cashier performs a dual role serving as cashier and hosting guests. Assigned role changes from day to day depending on business needs. The host/cashier is responsible for meeting, greeting and welcoming guests to the venue. When cashiering, this position is responsible for obtaining proper payment for guest meals. When hosting, this position will ensure guests are seated in a timely fashion by rotating seating to servers in a fair and consistent manner. While performing the duties of this position, either it being cashiering or hosting, the team member is required to have and maintain a positive demeanor and pleasant attitude towards all guests.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns and questions.
- Greet guests and provide quick, attentive, friendly and professional service while maintaining a positive demeanor and pleasant attitude.
- Seat guests in a timely manner.
- Ensure optimum service levels by rotating server stations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Communicate accurately with guests regarding approximate wait times.
- Observe guests and anticipate needs.
- Efficiently process food and beverage orders and purchases through Point of Sale (POS) System.
- Process all sales transactions accurately and immediately and present sales receipts for credit card transactions or as requested by guests.
- Collect funds for all products sold.
- Promptly and professionally handle guest issues and communicate problems and concerns to management.
- Maintain knowledge of and provide guests with information about menus, promotions, programs and various gaming options such as Slots, Poker and Bingo.
- Offer suggestions to guest about food and beverage options when necessary.
- Handle cash accurately and prepare bank slips for the next shift.
- Properly verify and enter coupons, promotions and other house accounts.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and orderly work environment by using various types of supplies and cleaning chemicals in accordance with health and safety standards. Follow proper sanitation procedures at all times.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Operate and maintain all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Restock all items needed within allocated time before the end of each shift.
- Balance cash drawers, credit cards, coupons, and house accounts which must be presented to Cage in a clear sealed bag with all required information at the end of each shift.
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance at all times.
- Display a courteous and friendly attitude to all team members and guests.
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as assigned.
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies. Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Gaming industry experience, preferred.
- Experience in cash handling, preferred.
- Experience with guest service, preferred.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral. Spanish or other language skills a plus
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest service skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational qualities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate teamwork.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest service programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels. May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff members.
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission License, including successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures, and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
- Must participate in tip reporting program.