Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F&B Prep Cook / Full-Time
at Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino
- F&B BOH/Culinary
- Eagle Pass, TX, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Under the direction of the Head Cook, the Prep Cook performs a variety of tasks and duties which include preparing, seasoning and cooking, while conforming to food safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns and questions.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items in a timely manner using standardized recipes and methods of preparation under the direction of the head cook.
- Replenish prep line food items as necessary to ensure proper presentation and availability for guests.
- Easily adapt to changes in menu preparation and production methods.
- Respond properly to guest preferences and concerns.
- Prepare food items on a consistent basis with little to no variation in terms of appearance and taste.
- Ensure each order sent out is uniform and consistent, practice portion control and strive to control or minimize waste.
- Ensure proper food storage.
- Adhere to food handling procedures according to sanitary regulations.
- Properly label and date all food items placed in refrigeration coolers and rotate items appropriately.
- Organize, maintain and clean refrigerated and dry storage areas.
- Maintain a sanitized and organized work station free of debris at all times during shift.
- Maintain proper care of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Clean workstations immediately following food preparation.
- Prepare fruits and vegetables for serving by washing, peeling, chopping, dicing, cutting, slicing, dressing and placing all items in their respective refrigerators for future use.
- Prepare a variety of cold meats, such as cracking or removing the shell from seafood, slicing cold menu items including pastries, sandwiches and garnishes accordingly.
- Operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including but not limited to; stoves, cook tops, broilers, deep fryers, hand tools, microwaves, blenders, cutters, processors and knives.
- Report any injuries immediately and practice proper hand washing and sanitation guidelines.
- Prepare food for special events and cater for meetings when assigned.
- Taste check and sample prepared food items to ensure quality.
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as assigned.
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies. Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Minimum six (6) months experience as a cook or prep cook.
- Must be able and willing to follow established recipes.
- Communication skills in English both written and oral preferred. Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest service skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational qualities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate teamwork.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest service programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, climb and bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Back of the house, casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels. May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff members.
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission License, including successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures, and gaming regulations set within KLEC.