Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Biomedical Technician serves as a liaison between Legacy operational sites and administration to ensure patient care equipment, instruments and supplies are managed safely and appropriately. This position assists/provides oversight in the installation, testing, calibrating, use, maintenance and repairing of biomedical equipment.
- Assists clinics in troubleshooting of non-operational equipment and summits service requests to vendors as needed.
- Oversees and supervises the delivery and installation of new equipment.
- Coordinates equipment tagging and ensures the location identity is accurate with BioMedical vendor
- Coordinates equipment repairs and monitors equipment performance; establishes data needs and maintains documentation
- Performs and/or oversees the calibration testing and annual inspections on clinical equipment
- Coordinates and is responsible for inter-clinical equipment moves and updates equipment location documentation accordingly
- Maintains and audits documentation of the performance, cleaning, routine preventive and unscheduled equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Reviews and maintain equipment service contracts
- Assists the clinical and operational teams with coordinating training and provides information about the use and care of equipment.
- Assists in evaluation of proposed biomedical equipment.
- Assists with the evaluation of patient-machine interaction.
- Assists purchasing in maintaining biomedical equipment supply inventories and verifies the receipt of supplies.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with applicable equipment codes, guidelines, and assists in the training of health care and medical personnel
- Assists Site Director or designee to meet desired budget outcomes by reviewing supply needs.
- Minimizes organizational cost through product standardization and tracking
- Participates in special projects, as requested.
- Coordinates and assists the implementation of new and existing equipment in buildout projects
- Serve as liaison between facilities and purchasing to ensure delivery date and set up are appropriate
- Validates delivery and signs off on invoice
- Ensure standardization of equipment across clinics
- Tracks the records, licenses, inspections, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's equipment and tools; ensures quality of equipment
Education & Training Requirements
Associate degree in biomedical engineering /technology required
Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)® preferred
At least two (2) years’ experience in a Biomedical Technician role
Strong understanding of health care operations
Demonstrated leadership skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated project management skills
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English