Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Assistant
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Care Team Assistant (the “CTA”) serves as the contact point and informational resource for patients, the call center, the care team, family/caregiver(s), and community resources. The CTA also provides both clinical and clerical support to the care team to promote the provision of quality and compassionate evidence-based care in accordance with Patient Centered Medical Home (“PCMH”) requirements. The support the CTA provides will include, but is not limited to, assisting with patient phone calls, lab results, pre-appointment planning, medication management, and referrals; and assisting the care team by preparing applicable forms for provider signatures, developing reports, and identifying patients who may be members of a vulnerable population in need of additional services or referrals.
- Patient Communication:
- Works with onsite nursing or via protocol-based triage parameters to address phone calls from patients forwarded by the call center and/or the front desk. For phone calls involving a clinical inquiry for the responsible provider, the CTA routes the phone call, in the form of a phone note document in the electronic health record system (“EHRS”), to the provider for his/her review and instructions. The CTA returns calls to patients as directed by the provider
- Places phone calls or creates template-based letters, as directed by the provider, in regards to results, such as lab results, for delivery to the patient in a timely manner
- At the direction of the provider, contacts patients who are medically vulnerable after an office visit for an acute medical problem, or who are designated by the provider as chronically ill/unstable and in need of ongoing monitoring
- Pre-Visit Planning:
- Reviews the patient schedule on a daily basis to promote the completion of pre-visit preparations prior to the patient’s visit, the availability, in the patients’ records, of lab and imaging results, consultation reports, care transition details, and/or information related to major changes in the patient’s health status. ; When this information is not present in the EHRS record, the CTA will contact the patient, consultants, imaging centers, and/or hospitals to gather such information and will report to the provider when barriers to care may exist
- May assist in arranging interpretation services
- May assist and participate in daily huddles
- Care Coordination:
- Assists with managing transitions of care (obtaining hospital/newborn discharge records, specialty notes)
- Manages and maintains the sites Care Coordination Desktop
- Assists patients with entry/access to ancillary support services as needed (prescription assistance, patient education, social work, etc.)
- Medication Management:
- Assists, at the direction of and as instructed by the provider(s), with medication refills
- Assists with prior-authorizations, as needed, for medications
- Initiates the completion of forms for review and final signature by the provider (disability forms, home health orders, durable medical equipment and supply requests, disease status letters, FMLA paperwork or other paperwork, as directed by the provider)
- Communicates with the provider when urgent requests arise that require the provider’s prompt attention
- Assists the Referral Coordination staff and the on-site scanners to complete referrals and include relevant documents in the medical record
- Completes and delivers clinical summaries for consultants or other service providers to whom we refer as directed by provider or dictated by service line
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to insure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the meeting of goals and objectives.
Other duties, as assigned.
Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job–related hazards.
- Attends all required safety education programs.
- Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by LCHS standards.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
- Checks on the patient’s environment and equipment to ensure safety. Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate personnel.
Follows LCHS’s exposure control plans for bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use of protective barrier equipment (Universal Precautions).
- Assures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
Attends annual education programs.
education & TRAINING requirements
work experience requirements
· At least 2 years of experience in an ambulatory clinical setting preferred
· Spanish fluency (service location dependent)
· Demonstrated competency with an EHRS system
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
· Above average organizational skills.
· Strong typing and computer skills.
· This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English