Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Specialist II
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Desktop Support Specialist II will provide IT technical and customer support to all end users of Legacy Community Health Services. The Desktop Support Specialist II will mentor junior techs and work with infrastructure to create a controlled desktop environment that facilitates industry best practices and automation opportunities. The end goal is to facilitate efficient patient care by enabling the organization with excellent IT Support.
- Documents all requests for IT support services in the ticketing system.
- Track equipment in inventory database.
- Solve advanced desktop support issues, up to the “Tier II” skill level.
- Help junior desktop and helpdesk team members with support topics.
- Respond to all ticketed internal IT and customer requests, escalating when required.
- Monitor status of pending support requests and obtain follow up information from IT supervisors/leads and/or end user.
- Act as the MS Office specialist in assisting and instructing staff in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Produce ad hoc reports as needed
- Facilitate copier/printer/fax requests to meet business and budgetary constraints.
- Identify manual processes in the desktop environment that can be automated for enforcement or uniformity.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Create/move/audit AD objects and user accounts.
- Perform disk imagining via WDS.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Help create procedure process, technical documentation and manuals
- Collaborate on solutions with other team members and customers across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements
- Associates degree or four years of job related experience, training or equivalent combination.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CompTIA A+ & Network+ highly desired.
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record as responsible to drive to all locations
- Four (4) years’ experience preferred.
- Hands-on Windows PC Computer experience for both hardware and operating system functions
- Demonstrated software proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Past history of using an electronic ticketing system
- Experience with remote administration tools
- Some skills in a scripting language.
- Past history of leading projects with other team members or subordinates.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write documentation for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and team members.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English