Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Executive Assistant is the strategic business partner of the COO and is the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters.
- Assist the COO in day-to-day activities
- Manages active calendar of appointments for the COO and Operational Leadership Team which includes setting and coordinating meetings with internal staff and external individuals
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the COO’s schedule is followed and respected
- Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the COO’s time and office
- Have a thorough understanding of the COO’s vision and goals for the organization in order to fully support the COO and senior executives in achieving them
- Records minutes of senior executive meetings
- Update and maintain internal departmental SharePoint site
- Maintain relevant leadership contact lists and organizational structural documents
- Creates initial drafts for executive and leadership presentations
- Composes and prepares correspondence of varying levels of confidentiality
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Communicates directly with Board members, donors, and constituents, and on behalf of the COO on matters related to the COO’s initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the COO, including those of sensitive or confidential nature
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the COO’s office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the COO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with administrative assistant team
- Complete payroll for COO direct reports on a biweekly basis, and additional payroll coverage for leadership staff as needed
- Manages a variety of special projects for the COO, some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the COO’s ability to effectively lead Legacy
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Completes expense reports ensuring accurate and timely submission of reports with accompanying receipts
- Unwavering attention and adherence to Legacy’s mission, vision, and values
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for calendar management via Outlook; track commitments and tasks to completion.
- Responsible for meetings set up to include Go To Meeting. Set up and shut down of video, audio and at times web conferencing. Managing large and small conferences.
- Demonstrates a high caliber of customer service to internal team members, across all levels; represent by acting as spokesperson, as needed as it relates to business matters.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, including registration for conferences and speaking engagements.
- Work on spreadsheets for given projects, as needed.
- Create and/or edit presentations via PowerPoint.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistants for others of the Executive Leadership team, and other colleagues in support of special assignments. Collaborate and contribute ideas to best practices with Executive Assistant Team Members.
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, OUTREACH SUPPORT
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage people up and down the organization chart
- Ensures that the COO’s bio/curriculum vita is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the COO and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders for strategic Initiatives
- Follows up on contacts made by the COO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Attend external and internal functions with and on behalf of the COO
- Assist the COO with the management of COO’s external boards and commissions
Education & Training Requirements | Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Great written and verbal communication skills including the ability to work well with all levels of people including public figures/officials
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, community, and the general public
- Work history that illustrates both strong organization and prioritization skills
- Proactive problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated high levels of both initiative and exemplary customer service
- Ability to meet new challenges with an open mind and an optimistic response
- Strong reporting and presentations skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- The ability to effectively manage/coordinate a wide variety of simultaneous projects and to successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions
- Love of learning and new technologies
- Must be able to work evenings and some weekends based on projects, meetings, events
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English