Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
- Schedules and manages patient imaging procedures, with intent to optimize patient flow
- Responsible for inputting/updating patient information in the medical system.
- Perform insurance verifications, authorizations, pre-certifications
- Review received faxed referral/authorization forms, and procuring appropriate medical necessity for all imaging procedures.
- Communicate with patients regarding upcoming and/or missed appointments
- Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Assistant, Certificate a plus
- Must have clear understanding of Medical Terminology, specifically relating to Obstetrical Ultrasound and X-Ray procedures
- Preferred: Two (2) or more years’ Scheduling experience in Healthcare field, radiology is preferred.
- Minimum requirement: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital or health care related field.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English