Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Vocational Nurse-Montrose Clinic
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) at Legacy Community Health Services (“Legacy”) organizes the work of his/her assigned clinical area and programs as directed. The LVN will coordinate with clinical support staff such as Care Team Assistants (“CTAs”) and Medical Assistants (“MAs”) to promote safe and effective clinical services and satisfaction of quality standards. A multidisciplinary team approach to patient care is utilized at Legacy. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the LVN will help to maintain an environment that supports safe, compassionate and quality patient care.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in assessing and implementing clinical procedures and policies.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in evaluating and improving daily clinic client flow as needed.
- Assist the Nurse Practitioners with client’s follow-up care, IM injections and future clinic visits
- Assist with the orientation, preceptoring, and education of new employees as well as volunteers and students who rotate through the clinic areas, as needed.
- Obtain needed client information to include vital signs and the rooming of all clinic clients.
- Administer drug treatments according to standard protocols and physicians as well as Nurse Practitioners orders.
- Perform medical procedures according to the standard Legacy Community Health Services protocols
- Perform phlebotomy and other diagnostic medical tests, as appropriate
- Triage clients by telephone, and refer these clients to services as appropriate.
- Document all client care as appropriate in a timely manner
- Assess, treat, and provide counseling to clinic clients according to the standard Legacy Community Health Services protocols and the State of Texas guidelines for an LVN.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in the ongoing assessment of clinic services in the clinical and administrative areas and will report any need for improvement in those areas.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in maintaining an ongoing inventory record of clinic medications and ordering of medications as needed or indicated.
- Assist physicians as needed.
- Evaluation of lab results with follow-up of abnormal values as appropriate
- Participate in triaging client calls, consulting with Physicians and Nurse Practitioners and provide appropriate documentation of all client contacts.
- Assist with OSHA compliance tasks and infection control
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas.
- BLS (CPR & AED) Certified.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a licensed vocational nurse.
- Must possess strong customer service, and spoken/written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate self-confidence and positive attitude toward self and other achievement.
- Excellent team player and communication skills required.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English