Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the operational success of all assigned practices in a geographic, specialty or other defined group. The Operations Manager actively participates and assists Site Director to manage day-to-day operations of the clinic, including direct management, coaching, and guidance of front line staff members, addressing concerns raised by providers, staff, or patients that arise within their scope of work, and site-specific action plans or initiatives.
- Oversees operations and service delivery within their assigned clinic location or area.
- Directly supervises front line clinic staff which could include medical assistants (MAs), front desk clerks, Lead MAs, nursing staff, care team assistants (CTAs) and other front line staff members as assigned.
- Establishes accountabilities, provides performance feedback and conducts annual performance evaluations for the staff reporting to him/her, with relevant input from subject matter experts as necessary.
- Works with clinics to interview and hire managers and coordinators. Directly supervises and establishes accountabilities, provides performance feedback and conducts annual performance evaluations for mangers, with input from relevant subject matter experts. Provides counsel to employees in disciplinary matters with assistance from HR for disciplinary actions and/or terminations.
- Ensures success of physician and mid-level providers in the assigned practices. Collaborates with physicians to support their ability to establish a successful practice
- Supports Site Director in initiatives to improve operational and financial performance. Works with Site Director to ensure compliance with performance standards and site-specific action plans.
- Supports Site Director in managing annual budget for assigned practices.
- Maintains routine communication with direct reports and on site leadership to review operational issues, performance targets and other projects defined by the clinical and operational leadership teams.
- Attends routine operational leadership meetings and problem solves jointly with leadership as needed.
- Completes other projects and assignments for the site as required.
Education & Training Experience Requirements
- Bachelors in business, healthcare or related discipline is required
- Master’s degree, MHA, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of direct operations management experience may be substituted for master’s degree
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English