Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The Care Coordinator for Prenatal provides both clinical and clerical support to the “new mothers”, assisting them with navigation through Legacy services.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
- Recruit patients from testing to care.
- Introduce/coordinate the enrollment/registration process for Legacy’s prenatal patients; initial maternity appointment, eligibility appointment, social services, education and other Legacy programs.
- Collect, maintain and track data and reports as assigned.
- Attend and participate in team/staff meetings when requested.
- Attend required trainings and ongoing education offered by Legacy.
- Advocate on behalf of “new mother” to decrease service gaps and remove barriers to service/care.
Education & Training Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service and problem resolution skills required.
- Product/service line knowledge required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred
Work Experience Requirements
- Ability to understand the insurance verification process and the challenges of that process for both the patient and Legacy.
- Deliver effective communication to the future patient resulting in their enrollment/registration.
- Must be able to listen, respond, recommend and resolve customer service issues for future patients, face to face, in writing or telephonically.
- Medical Assistant or advanced certification preferred.
Essential functions – Physical & Mental Requirements
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to bend, twist or climb.
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making.
- Normal time pressure of decision making.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English