Legacy Community Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PROVIDER - Physician - DO, MD, - Family Med or Med/Ped, or IM
at Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Physician working at a large FQHC in a medically underserved area and must be comfortable treating newborns to adults (geriatrics). Full benefits and competitive salary offered. May include resident teaching and preceptoring- will be discussed at time of interview.
- Supervision of health care students of any discipline assigned to the Clinic for educational purposes.
- Adhere to organizational quality standards.
- Adhere to clinical diagnostic and treatment guidelines.
- Participation in the recruitment of providers and other clinical staff.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program as necessary.
- Be available for on-call services as required by discipline.
- Be available for clinical or operations-related meetings after-hours as needed
- Other Duties as assigned
Education & Training Requirements
- Medical Doctorate with current licensure in the State of Texas
- EMR Proficient
- Board Certification
Work Experience Requirement
- Previous experience in a community healthcare setting.
- Generous benefits and competitive salary offered. Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)