Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Assistant - Chemistry/Battery Development
at Lynntech Inc.
- 07-Nov-2019 to 06-Dec-2020 (CST)
- Energy and Power
- College Station, TX, USA
- Full Time
Lynntech is seeking experienced and creative Research Assistants to assist in the development of technologies within our collaborative research groups. A Research Assistant will typically have a BS or MS degree and 0-4 years experience. PhDs will not typically be considered for this career track.
The candidate is expected to assist in the following functions as part of this job:
- Assist in the execution of a broad area of projects to commercialize and deliver world class products that meet customer expectations
- Work directly with Principal Investigators and multidisciplinary team members on research and development projects to accomplish technical goals and objectives
- Characterize materials or devices using analytical techniques and make recommendations based off the results
The basic qualifications of this position are as follows:
- Bachelors of Science in Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering
- Strong technical writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment involving close interaction with physicists, chemists, biologists, and engineers
Candidates able to satisfy one or more of the following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience in preparation and testing of materials, electrodes and/or electrolytes and electrochemical cells for batteries, supercapacitors or fuel cells
- Prior laboratory experience in analytical instrumentation and materials synthesis
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry and engineering lab safety procedures
Candidates must submit a 1-2 page resume highlighting their experience and education, especially as these would pertain to the qualifications and desired credentials mentioned above. Position is open only until filled.
Candidate must be a "US Person" (Citizen or Permanent resident) due to contract requirements.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.lynntech.com. Feel free to include a cover letter or expanded resume to outline how you fit this position.
Lynntech is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.