Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 01-Jun-2019 to 30-Dec-2019 (EST)
- Field Operations
- Midland, TX, USA
- Full Time
MATCOR is a leading cathodic protection and corrosion prevention company; providing materials and services to global clients for over 40 years.
An expert in the field of cathodic protection, MATCOR offers proprietary corrosion protection products, installation, cathodic protection testing, maintenance and complete corrosion protection project management. MATCOR specializes in protecting the infrastructure of the oil and gas, electric utility, transportation and water industries.
The Driller Foreman is responsible for the proper installation of cathodic protection systems that require drilling and construction. They are the construction lead who oversees the operation of the equipment at the job site and ensure the quality of the project. Safety is first and foremost in all activities; this position is also responsible for insuring a safe work environment at each job site.
- Operate a vertical drilling rig capable of both air and mud drilling.
- Manage the job sites focused on safety, quality and productivity.
- Comply with all company policies, regulatory safety regulations and code requirements.
- Notify Field Supervisor of unanticipated field changes and suggest possible alternatives.
- Operate vehicles and equipment.
- Report vehicle and equipment maintenance issues to Field Supervisor.
- Repair damaged equipment as directed by the Field Supervisor.
- Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Uphold continuous and profitable working relationships with customers.
- Participate in weekly toolbox safety meetings and document equipment safety inspections.
- Attend company-sponsored safety training seminars and educational programs.
- Report deficiencies in safety practices/equipment to the Field Supervisor.
- Restore jobsite to conditions found prior to beginning work.
- Report vehicle and equipment maintenance requirements to Field Supervisor.
- Assist in minor maintenance of drill rig equipment, as needed.
- Rotary mud or Air well drilling experience, ideally up to depths of 500 ft. at 10" to 12" holes.
- Must have Class A CDL, preferably with tanker endorsement.
- Knowledge of Cathodic Protection systems helpful.
- Must be mechanically inclined and mechanical experience with the drill is helpful.
- Ability to adjust to work related demands.
- Prefer candidate resides or plans to reside within 60 miles of the office.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must have acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work long hours such as 12-hour shifts when required.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test and physical.
Travel: Up to 70% and must be able to travel and stay near job sites up to 2 weeks.