Medical Center Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Medical Center Health System
Work Hours: 7a-7p
The Registered Nurse functions in the Outpatient and Main Operating Room as a staff nurse under the guidance and supervision of the Charge Nurse. Performs routine patient care assignments and carries out established nursing procedures utilizing the nursing process and AORN Standards of Care.
Hold a current Texas permit or license as a Registered Nurse. BSN preferred.
B. Required Certifications & Training:
1. Current BLS Certification through the American Heart Association upon hire or transfer to department.
2. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through the American Heart
Association within 6 months of hire or transfer to department.
3. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through the American
Heart Association within 12 months of hire or transfer to
4. Minimal Lift required annually.
5. Clinical Carnival required annually.
C. Preferred Training & Certification:
1. Trauma Norse Core Curriculum (TNCC) preferred.
2. CNOR preferred.
D. Training & Experience
1. One year of RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
2. EKG course within one year of hire or transfer to department.
3. Moderate sedation competency completed within 3 months of hire
or transfer to department.
4. Complete the following competencies within 3 months of hire or
transfer to department.
· Aseptic technique
· Gowning and gloving
· Surgical hand scrub
· Surgical skin prep
· Electronic perioperative charting
· Role of the circulator in surgical case preparation
· Role of the circulator in preoperative patient assessment
· Role of the circulator in intraoperative patient care
· Role of the circulator in postoperative patient care
5. Basic daVinci Robotic Surgery proficiency-within 1 year for
new hires; within 2 years of signing job description for tenured staff.