merrick pet care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Manager - 2nd Shift
at merrick pet care
- 13-Dec-2018 to 11-May-2019 (CST)
- Hereford, TX, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cannery - Hereford, Texas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct safety observations and coaching throughout assigned shift to identify and correct unsafe work practices.
- Responsible for immediate actions to correct and eliminate safety hazards in the facility. Utilize safety observations, communication with shift leaders and feedback from staff and support teams to identify and eliminate potential risks.
- Authorized to enact safety stand down meetings in the event of an unsafe work observation or a safety related incident.
- Authorized to stop any/all operations for safety evaluation or incident investigation.
- Communicates with safety team and coordinates all scheduled safety training.
- Required to notify Plant Manger of all safety related incidents with accurate and timely information.
- Be our first line of defense for good quality product and ensuring we are capable of delivering this to the customer.
- Stop production for poor quality
- Maintain a sanitary working environment
- Perform corrective actions for deviation from our quality standard
- Coach our teams on the high level of quality expected and what to do in times of deviations
- Works directly with Shift Team Leaders to ensure that all PMP, HACCP, GMP and Good Housekeeping practices are followed. Provides resources and coaching to Shift Team Leaders to support regulatory and internal compliance.
- Work with the quality group whenever needed.
- Works directly with Plant Manger to support both regulatory and internal audit conformance.
- Responsible for managing the performance of production, packaging and warehousing operations on the assigned shift.
- Filling out daily reports
- Reporting on metrics of each area/shift with the ability to follow up on any issues
- Leading handovers between shifts
- Ability to manage capital projects as needed
- Capability to cost justify investments
- Will lead continuous improvement projects
- Ability to organize, and lead diverse teams of production, maintenance, quality and safety
- Organization skills to ensure processes are followed and proper paperwork is available correctly
- Review performance reporting and use the factory metrics tools for coaching and improving departmental performance.
- Ensure accuracy of all reporting to provide accurate data for analysis.
- Responsible for managing labor usage to support the financial goals of the company.
- Responsible for the timely communication of facility downtime using the Help Chain/Escalation process.
- Ability to coordinate, troubleshoot and begin resolution of downtime issues.
- MUST be willing to conform to and enforce company safety policies at all times. This position is responsible for ensuring that all safe work practices are trained, coached and implemented on the factory floor for the assigned shift. Maintaining a safe work environment is our highest priority.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are preferred. Essential duties require use of these programs for reporting and training purposes.
- Strong communication skills preferred. This position requires frequent coaching and training in both one-on-one and group sessions.
- Must be self-motivated and able to execute planned activities and objectives within defined timeframes to support both factory and company performance goals.
- This position requires the ability to read and write fluently. Bi-lingual is a plus but not required.
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Flexible on shifts worked
- Strong coaching and development background to develop a strong team around them
- Shows progressively increased responsibility in their work history
- Can display increased results from work history
Leadership - Management
Facility Operations Management