Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology - Java Developer (Automated Risk Trading), Associate, Hong Kong
at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
You will work closely with the Derivatives trading desk and quantitative strategists to design, develop, deploy and support low-latency trading engines for cash, futures and options, primarily for the purpose of automating Derivatives hedging and market-making. You will work the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. This is a hands-on role in a global team doing continuous delivery across many global markets, so you will also have to communicate with global colleagues.
- 2 - 10 years of experience with core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience with Java/GC/Linux OS level debugging/performance tuning.
- Track record working in front-office environment with trading and quantitative strategists.
- Experience developing system for automated market making, DMA or algo trading group in liquid markets (equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.)
- Experience in building FIX protocol-based systems.
- Good knowledge of SQL based DB system, such as Sybase/DB2
- Good knowledge of script language such as shell/Python/Perl;
- Experience with Derivative product in Equity / Fixed income.