Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Palletizer/ Forklift Operator
at nestle USA
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Palletizers/ Forklift Operators interact with the leadership group, other production team members, quality assurance, and maintenance technicians to improve and maximize plant output, efficiency, quality and safety. Palletizers participate as team members in a high volume, light manufacturing environment. Duties include operating and maximizing efficiency of high speed bottling or packing equipment, loading raw materials, equipment troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, sanitation and cleaning activities. Team members must maintain equipment and work station in an organized and clean manner to ensure safety and Good Manufacturing Practices. This Role works 12 hour shifts on a rotating 3-4 days a week.
- Safely operating a forklift to accurately and efficiently movement all finished product from production to the warehouse or onto trucks for shipment to customers.
- Meet or exceed Warehouse Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Accurately execute loading/unloading from pick tickets and line loading trailers when possible
- Perform accurate bin transactions and inventory movements per SOPs
- Utilize preventative maintenance program to maintain and prevent failure of equipment
- Conduct efficient equipment changeovers to accommodate production demands
- Produce quality product through tight monitoring of processes, raw materials and finished products.
- Have good communication skills to work with factory personnel and vendors.
- Read and use manuals and diagrams
- Have a baseline understanding of mathematics (multiplication, division, averages, and percentage calculations)
- Cross-train on other production line equipment
- Lead debrief s and problem solve as part of the NCE process: 0 Waste, 1Team, 100% Engagement
- Comply with sanitation standards and keep area clean according to GMPs
- Ensure the production of quality finished products is sent to customers by completing hourly quality checks and the inspection of raw materials to meet quality standards before loading in or on production lines.
- Work as a team with other operators to ensure no line stoppages and improve operations
- The ability and willingness to change Crew/Shift per business needs. This includes, but isn't limited to: supporting Night Shift, Day Shift, different Crews and Positions based on cross trained capabilities.
- Provide vacation coverage to team members as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must Possess a Valid Driver's License
- Two or more years previous forklift experience preferred
- Fork truck certification or ability to be trained
- Prior experience in a high speed manufacturing environment; clean manufacturing experience preferred
- Able and willing to work 12 hour shifts including the potential for nights, weekends and holidays.
- Exposure to high speed production, clean manufacturing or basic maintenance strongly desired.
- Ability to work self-directed and with a team.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with experience working in a team based environment.
- Ability to interact with various internal contacts to manage the flow of work.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications, SAP experience a plus.
- Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop, climb stairs, and lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times throughout the day and the ability to sit for a prolonged period of time
- Willingness and ability to work in a facility with minimal temperature control, exposed to local temperature variations (hold & cold).
- Ability to successfully complete an online skills assessment prior to interview
- Successful completion of a post offer physical, drug screen and background check are required
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. Nestle Waters North America offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is the largest bottled water company in the United States , distributing 7 of the top 10 brands in North America. We have the #1 national brand, Nestle Pure Life and many of the nation's strongest regional brands, including Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park , Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain. We also offer the much loved bottled tea Nestea. We also have the strength of Nestle, the world's largest food company, behind us.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in our operations. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Our Supply Chain organization is recognized as best in class in safety, quality, production, packaging, labor, warehouse productivity, payload, and order fill rate. We also lead the way in sustainability with the smallest environmental footprint in the beverage category. As we pursue TPM, we expect to further enable our people to drive excellence in all areas.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brand is Nestea. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters? You can also find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
You can also find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.