Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Req No
- Job Locations
- Regular Full-Time
Responsible for soliciting and booking group business from various market segments, to achieve hotel revenue goals.
- Sales & Marketing: Prepare and implement the hotel’s annual Sales and Marketing Plan, make sales calls to key accounts and potential clients, and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
- Financial: Aggressively pursue revenue goals and effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools.
2) Community Involvement:
- Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government and other community and civic organizations.
- Guest Service: Work closely with the Front Office and Housekeeping teams to ensure the hotel meets or exceeds NewcrestImage and Brand Standards for Guest Satisfaction.
- Leading: Motivate, coach, and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide feedback, rewards, and recognition.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve Revenue and RevPAR targets for all business segments.
- Establish monthly sales forecasts. Keep the General Manager and Corporate apprised of the status of these forecasts to ensure that the property has a steady stream of business throughout the year.
- Leverage any opportunities to cross-sell among other NewcrestImage properties.
- Maintain high visibility in the surrounding community.
- Follow all Sales standard operating procedures and ensure the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Ensure follow up on all sales leads in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recommendation and development of rate strategies.
- Maintain historical trend analysis for the property.
- Ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce meetings as well as other pertinent community activities.
- Develop strategic relationships with third-party providers.
- Ensure that the web and third-party electronic distribution channels are continuously reviewed, researched, and updated for maximum hotel exposure and maximum room night generation.
- Attend relevant trade shows and events to promote assigned properties.
- Provide sales call reports to the General Manager and the Area Director as required.
- Respond to off-property requests for sales information.
- Negotiate rates and promotions with guests and vendors.
- Prepare and generate sales action plans on a quarterly basis.
- Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
- Review Smith Travel Research (STR) reports.
- Maintain awareness of market situation and its impact on the hotel. Anticipate business needs with flexible planning.
- Attain personal booking goals.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all Guests, Associates, and Community Members.
- Ensure all lead generation and follow through is recorded properly and according to Company policy.
- Prepare and present contracts for execution by future Guests.
- 4-year college degree, or equivalent, and related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Willing to travel and must possess a valid driver's license
- Well-groomed and professional in appearance.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays if required.
- Effective communication skills.