North Central Texas Council of Governments
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cybersecurity Analyst I
at North Central Texas Council of Governments
The Cybersecurity Analyst I will ensure the security of applications, services, information, and network infrastructure across the enterprise. The person in this position will interact closely with internal customers, software developers, IT administrators and technicians, risk and compliance staff, and other key stakeholders to build and advance information and network security strategies and programs; and identify and remediate information security issues. The Cybersecurity Analyst I will serve as an essential subject matter expert to all the Agency’s functional groups and project teams, will analyze risks and perform testing and validation activities in support of IT change management processes or internal and external audits, and will support compliance requirements set by regulatory bodies or internal and external audits. This role will work to improve the ability of the organization to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of its information assets.
Knowledgeable across a variety of security products including, but not limited to:
- Network and host-based IDS/IPS
- SIEM software
- E-mail and Web security gateways
Knowledgeable of regulatory compliance requirements for:
Preference will be given to candidates with the following certification:
- ISACA, or GIAC certifications
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
- 3+ years of experience securing enterprise networks and information systems according to Industry frameworks, such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27000, and COBIT
Starting Salary Range:
$63,104.00 - $75,000.00 (dependent on qualifications)
- Health - We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement - Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through ICMA by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance - At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You'll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development - We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential. Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.