Odessa Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mammography Tech (PRN Saturdays)
at Odessa Regional Medical Center
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1804386
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Healthcare - Radiology/Imaging, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, IT - ALL CATEGORIES
Candidate must be able to perform diagnostic mammographic procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their mammogram. Perform optimal positioning for screening and diagnostic exams. Breast ultrasound experience for targeted adnormal areas. Know the protcols for basic procedures such as; Needle Localizations, Ultrasound biopsies, and Stereotactic biopsies. Loading previous analog mammograms on the viewer for Radiologist interpretation. Unloading the
mammo viewer. Entering dictated results in the MRS (mammography reporting system). Retrieving x-ray jackets with previous analog exams from the warehouse and filing the xray jackets back in the warehouse for storage. Be able to screen patient's or doctor's staff that are calling to make the proper appointment per each patient depending on that patient's risk factors. Be willing to learn how to perform quality control and quality assurance test mandated by the state. Be willing to learn all the modalities that the MRS program offers in order to help us with our recall letter, result letters, medical audit, etc. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from adult to geriatric
· High school graduate; Associates degree preferred.
· Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology: either college affiliated or hospital trained.
· Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART) in radiography and certified/board eligible in mammography.
· Certified in the State of Texas to practice and administer radiation.
· One year mammography experience preferred.
· Current BCLS certification.
· Thorough understanding of breast anatomy, positioning.
· Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Additional languages preferred.
· Basic computer knowledge
· Ability to operates mammography equipment and stereotactic localization devices.
· For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!