Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Collections Specialist
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Revenue Operations
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services
The Specialist, Insurance Collections will be responsible for following up with, and ensuring the receipt of outstanding insurance claims payments. Get patients to come into the office for an examination or dental treatment.
- Follow-up on claims payment status for 30-40 accounts per day.
- Maintain individual office Insurance Accounts Receivable at an acceptable level as outlined by PDS.
- Review patients accounts to ensure accuracy on insurance billing and procedures performed.
- Read and analyze various internal reports that contain claims and insurance information.
- Provide auditors, billers, posters, and other insurance collections specialists with assistance in the follow-up of outstanding claims payment.
- Process attachments through National Electronic Attachments (NEA).
- Use various on and offline methods to trace outstanding claims payments.
- Use interpersonal and communications skills to obtain claims approval and payment information from various carriers.
- Provide customer service to the affiliated dental practices of PDS, through the call center, as well as email.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 2+ years of experience in a medical/dental setting and/or accounts receivable and collections.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Knowledge of QSI software applications and use of standard office equipment.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.