Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aviation Program Manager (F-5)
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Program Manager (F-5)
*Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- The Program Manager shall act as overall manager and administrator for contract effort. The Program Manager shall be the primary interface and point of contact with government program authorities and representatives on program/project and contract administrative issues. The Program Manager supervises operations by developing management procedures and controls, planning and directing project execution, and monitoring and reporting progress
- Maintains a partnership with the PM and all other Navy/Marine communities necessary to execute the Program in accordance with the contract and governing documents
- Allocates resources to meet all mission requirements
- Ensures the maintenance organization is not overly tasked with augmentation duties outside maintenance functional areas
- Plans and directs project execution; monitoring and reporting progress
- Must be customer oriented
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Program Manager shall act as overall manager and administrator for contract effort.
- The Program Manager shall be the primary interface and point of contact with government program authorities and representatives on program/project and contract administrative issues.
- The Program Manager supervises operations by developing management procedures, controls, and metrics that measure success against program requirements.
- Develops positive customer relationships between the Navy/Marine Corps and PAE to achieve contract objectives.
- Maintains close contact with the Contracting Officer Representative at each site.
- Coordinates operational matters with and maintains liaison with the flying squadrons.
- Interfaces with Corporate Leadership to resolve problems beyond the Program’s capability.
- Devotes personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees; and provides a safe and healthful work environment.
- Establishes a close working relationship with the Commanders at each site to ensure an understanding of the requirements and capabilities of maintenance actions.
- Communicates and cooperates to enhance the maintenance and sortie generation capability.
- Reviews of the previous day, current day, and next day’s activities with each Site Manager, focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success.
- Ensure Site Managers publish company Operating Instructions containing specific responsibilities for all PAE personnel IAW PAE Quality Control Program Plan.
- Provides guidance and direction to the PAE Program Team.
- Ensure adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline.
- Interviews prospective managers and assists in the selection of new employees.
- Approves program personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action recommended by Site Managers.
- Responsible for Program operating budget.
- Reviews and approves project costs and expenditures.
- Identifies, studies, and implements cost saving initiatives where applicable.
- Practices and promotes the principles of the PAE Six Sigma Program.
- Approves Special Certification Appointments.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline is required.
- Six years management and supervisory experience within the last ten years, in the performance and execution of aviation contracts or equivalent military experience. At least one year in the last six years must be in a technical program or project related to aircraft maintenance.
- Must have extensive, thorough knowledge, of Navy/Marine aviation maintenance concepts and procedures.
- Experience in Professional Aviation Management for rotary and/or fixed-winged aircraft
- Possess strong communications, interpersonal, leadership and managerial skills with an extensive background in building and leading a diverse team possessing myriad complementary/non-complementary skills to deliver operational, contractual, and financial results.
- Experience managing a Program P&L.
- Familiarity with Government contracting.
- Must be able to forecast future budget requirements and concurrently manage execution of the project’s budget to achieve established performance objectives.
- Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.